MESA Personal (mydata)
MESA Personal Storage (mydata)
The Mason Enterprise Services Architecture (MESA) is the university’s information technology infrastructure that provides file services and storage, desktop management, and enhanced desktop security. ITS allocates 10GB of networked file storage space to each Mason student, faculty, and staff member to store and share files.
Access is limited to George Mason University students and employees and cannot be accessed from off-campus locations without a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection.
Office 365 OneDrive
OneDrive for Business (OneDrive) is a service of Office 365 (the university's email system) and provides for 1TB of cloud-based storage. OneDrive is your professional document library. OneDrive uses Office 365 to store Mason-related files in the cloud making it easy to access your files and collaborate from anywhere and from multiple devices. It is fully supported by the ITS Support Center and can be accessed through your Office 365 for employees or your MasonLive Student account for students.Data stored within OneDrive is not backed up by George Mason University. Account holders are responsible for backing up their own data and preserving copies of important files.
- File storage space of 1TB.
- Create and edit Microsoft Office documents from a web browser using Office Online—no additional software is needed!
- Collaborate on a Microsoft Office document in real-time with your colleague using Office Online.
- Synchronize of your files so you always have access to the latest version.
- Access files from anywhere using a web browser or mobile device—no need to connect to the VPN and map the M Drive.
- Share files with your colleagues inside and outside the Mason community.
- Email someone a OneDrive file with no limit to the size (no hitting the email quota limit).