Information Technology Services (ITS) maintains University Classroom Technical Standards to define the audiovisual technology that is installed in Mason’s classrooms. The overall goals of the technology standards are to provide:
- A common, consistent and pedagogically-sound learning environment across all campuses for faculty, staff, and students
- Adaptability of design to address specific instructional needs
- Consistent functionality and interfaces across all campuses and all classrooms
- Reliable systems with high up-time
- Easy management and support of systems and equipment
Audiovisual Equipment Checkout
Classroom and Lab Technology Support (CaLT)
Classroom and Lab Technologies (CaLT) provides support for classroom facilities, computer classrooms, as well as audiovisual checkout equipment. This service is available during normal instructional hours while regular classes are in session.
Location: Van Metre Building, Room B117
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Closed Sundays during the summer)
Location: Fenwick Library, Room A116
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Science and Technology Campus
Location: Katherine G. Johnson Hall, Room 136
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, Closed
Event Support in Classrooms
Learning Space Design
Learning Space Design (LSD) supports the design, engineering, and implementation of classroom technologies to support teaching and learning on all Mason campuses. LSD is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing classroom design projects to include new construction, renovations, and technology refreshes. Learning spaces include non-traditional environments, specialized labs, customized classrooms, and miscellaneous spaces that are not readily classified as a traditional classroom environment. For more details, see the Additional Information tab.
- AV design and engineering services
- Project management of a standard classroom system installation
- Consultation service which includes requirements gathering and the assessment of learning spaces
- Design and develop standard AV systems that maximize the affordances of learning spaces
- Vendor coordination and project management of system installations